Time is Money! Don’t Waste It
– Still wasting precious time while booting your computer or loading applications? Then it’s time to get rid of your old hard drive and switch to an SSD. Powered by SATA III 6Gb/s interface, the S55 is able to boot your computer or launch applications within seconds.
Durability and Performance
– Equipped with an original controller and selected NAND flash, the S55 can not only guarantee stability and durability. It also delivers outstanding performance which enables 10-second quick boot-ups, shorter application load times and faster data transmission speed. Whether you are web surfing, enjoying a good movie, or have to handle paperwork, the S55 will bring you a smooth, lag-free experience.The S55 applies ”SLC Cache technology” with a new caching architecture that combines both SLC and 3D NAND FLASH blocks. This technology enables all data to be written in the SLC section before being sequentially copied to the 3D NAND FLASH block, and as a consequence allows for higher peak writing performance.
Bad Block management (BBM)
– A bad block management (BBM) mechanism detects and marks bad blocks to avoid storage in those blocks and eliminate access errors. And, even if errors do occur in new blocks during an erase, this mechanism can move the data to other effective blocks to prevent data loss resulting from the failed erase.
Light and S.M.A.R.T.
-The S55 is one of the lightest and thinnest SSDs of its kind yet it is shock- and vibration-proof, because it contains no moving parts. Equipped with a S.M.A.R.T. monitoring system and ECC (error correction code) technology, it also promises higher data transmission safety.
Internal Auto-Copy Technology
– The S55’s auto-copy technology allows automatic copy operations from the SLC cache to the 3D NAND FLASH blocks inside the NAND without using the controller or DDR. This supports higher efficiency by reducing the controller’s and DRAM’s workload.
Free-Download of SSD Health Monitor Tool – SP Toolbox Software
– Easily monitor your new SSD’s health with our free-download software – SP Toolbox. Run performance tests on the S55, get an overall function evaluation, or check detailed information about your device, including used space, device temperature, total bytes written, and many more.
– Adopts 3D NAND FLASH and "SLC Cache Technology" to improve overall performance
– 15 x faster than a standard 5400 HDD*
*Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Revision 3.0 motherboard. Performance result may vary, depending on system platform, software, interface, and capacity.
– 7mm slim design suitable for ultrabooks and ultra-slim laptops
– Supports TRIM command and garbage collection technology
– NCQ and RAID ready
– ECC (error correction code) technology to guarantee reliable data transmission
– S.M.A.R.T. monitoring system
– Low power consumption, shock and vibration-proof, noiseless and low latency
– Free SP ToolBox software download for disk information such as self-monitoring analysis report, extent of consumption, and SSD diagnostics
– Capacity: 960GB
– Dimensions: 100.0 x 69.9 x 7.0mm
– Weight: 63g (max.)
– Interface: SATA III
– Performance Read(max.): 500 MB/s
– Performance Write(max.): 450 MB/s
– Operation Voltage: 5V
– MTBF (est): 1,500,000 hours
– Vibration Resistance: Test20G
– Shock Resistance Test: 1500G Max
– Warranty: 3 years